Under Alert Level2 Masterton Golf Club will operate under the guidelines listed below to ensure the health and safety of all who come up to the Club.
To begin with from Thursday 13 May through to, and including, Sunday 17 May golf will be on a casual basis – there will be no club competitions – just come out and play with your mates! From Monday 18 May normal club days will begin again – Vets, 18 & 9 Hole Ladies and Club Days.
While you are no longer expected to play only in your bubble the essential guideline while being in ALL areas of the clubhouse or on the course is to keep your “social distance” – 2 meters distance is still encouraged. This applies particularly while waiting for your group to be organised before teeing off. Please also remember to keep distance in the Pro Shop, while on the course, and after golf in the café and bar once these facilities are fully operational again.
Other key points listed below:
BEFORE and AFTER playing:
- Please sign in before entering the Pro Shop, register on the table on the right-hand side of the door
- The Pro Shop will print your card for you
- Do not swap scorecards but agree on scores at the end of your round.
- The Pro Shop will enter your score into Dot Golf
ON the course:
- Flags will be in the greens and you must NOT remove the flag.
- There is a new local rule being posted, which follows the NZ Golf guidelines that states any ball which is within 30cm of the hole is deemed a “gimmi” and should not be putted. One shot added to your score.
- Bunkers are also covered by a local rule which has been in place already under Level3.
OFF the course:
- The café will be open this week on Thursday and Saturday this week.
- The bar will operate from the café on these 2 days but food MUST be purchased at the café if you want to purchase alcohol.
- Normal bar service will resume upstairs from Thursday 21 May but you are still urged to purchase food from the café!
- You will be asked to sign in if you haven’t already done so at the Pro Shop when you enter the café or bar.
- Clubhouse toilets WILL be available to use but NOT those on the course.